These committees champion NAWBO Chicago’s branding, goodwill and reputation, operating under the guidance of the chapter’s director of communications. Together, they support the following 2011/2012 strategic communications priorities and goals:
- Deliver timely, relevant and inspiring news and information to NAWBO Chicago members.
- Enhance member awareness of chapter programs, benefits and business development opportunities that can help them become more knowledgeable, better connected and more successful.
- Pursue event-, issue- and award-driven PR opportunities to raise the chapter’s profile as the premier local organization of women entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Oversee the development, moderation and publication of communications through internal and external channels and communications assets, leveraging and reinforcing the Connect, Learn and Grow key messages.
- Monitors and manages messaging for compliance with the NAWBO Chicago brand, integrity of chapter intellectual property and alignment with chapter’s mission, vision, strategic plans and initiatives.
- As and when the chapter seeks to retain outside marketing and web/app development support, the marketing committee spearheads development of requests for proposals/quotes, development of evaluation criteria and formation of key performance indicators.
Public Relations Committee
- Executes timely and effective publicity of chapter events, key sponsorships, positions on key issues and award opportunities.
- Oversees creation of press releases, media kits and target media lists.
- As and when the chapter seeks to retain outside PR support, the PR committee spearheads development of requests for proposals/quotes, development of evaluation criteria and formation of key performance indicators.
For more information, contact the NAWBO Chicago office at firstname.lastname@example.org.